Friday, December 26, 2008

Why is the holiday named Boxing Day?

The holiday is named Boxing Day because the tradition of giving gifts of cash, food, clothing and other goods to the less fortunate were placed into boxes for easier transportation. The goods were distributed based on the family needs and their services to the giver.

What is Boxing Day?

Boxing Day is a day the higher classes gave gifts to the lower classes. Before or on December 25th people of similar class would exchange gifts to celebrate the Christmas season. Gifts were not exchanged with the lower class until the next day called Boxing Day. It is also known as St. Stephen’s Day.

****************************************************

I always thought boxing day was the day where kids rip their presents and get their christmas presents from their boxes :p Didn't know it was created to give thanks and assist the less fortunate in the community O:

I don't think most people really understand the true meaning behind christmas besides the fact that Jesus was born on that day. Or is it only me?!


"GO AWAY, ME WANT PREZZIEEE!! ME FIRST!!!!"


"TEEHEEHEEHEEHEE ME LOVE SANTA"


See the kids only want their presents!!! Me too, maybe! HAHA (Have I told you I believed in santa until primary 6 when my mom told me they were the santas?! Hey, at least I got double the amount of presents from my parents okay!)


Just read the post below I'm so going to watch it another time and appreciate the details ;D

No comments: